Innovative And Thorough Defense For Internet Crimes
If you are charged with an internet crime like identity theft, credit card fraud, child pornography or child solicitation, it will affect not only your reputation and finances, but also your ability to obtain gainful employment. You will have a large amount of work ahead of you to avoid incarceration and try to clear your name.
At the law offices of Norris Law, you will be working with a litigation-savvy lawyer who is completely committed to your case and you. A tenacious criminal defense attorney who is ready to dissect every piece of evidence and fight the government with sophisticated arguments. One such debate may be to prove that images traveled in interstate commerce. Another may be that you knowingly possessed images. Whatever the angle of the defense, our goal is to achieve the most positive outcome.
New laws in Florida and across the country have been enacted to criminalize using technology to commit crimes.
These laws cover a number of different potential crimes, including:
- Internet crimes involving minors — It is a crime to make, store, receive or distribute pornographic images of minors.
- Online child solicitation — This crime involves using a computer to ask a child for sex.
- Identify theft — Using the internet to steal personal identification or financial information is an offense.
- Internet fraud — This covers everything from email scams to defrauding people on auction or sale sites like eBay and Craigslist.
- Hacking — It is a crime to “break into” another person’s computer or accounts without permission, or to use a virus to prevent a person from using their computer.
Arrests for internet crimes and crimes against children are not taken lightly. Our Tallahassee firm has a strong history of defending these types of crimes that may be brought at either the federal or state level. There are a number of potential defenses for internet offenses, including that someone else used your computer or internet, or that the police illegally obtained the evidence. We know the prosecutors and judges, and are ready to prepare and present your best defense.
Facing Internet Crime Charges? Receive A Free Consultation
Let us analyze how our attorney can appropriately defend your rights if you’ve been charged with sex crimes, crimes against children and internet crimes using a computer. We will be prepared to represent you against internet fraud, hacking, child pornography and a plethora of other internet offenses. Call 850-629-0044 today for answers, or email us through our quick online form.